Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Protect!

I'm gonna go straight to the point.

I spend almost every day on Tumblr. I spend like, a few hours on it in a day, but not continuously - maybe an hour in the morning and two more hours at night. Anyway, I'm here to talk about something that has been bothering me for so long. Influence.

Tumblr is a place where people share their stories, insights, opinions, news, random stuff - everything, it's unbelievable what goes on in that site. Every person manages a different kind of blog and it's all nice and cool you know. I follow all kinds of people, from all over the world. I also follow a number of Muslims - and this is where my story starts. (So much about getting to the point huh)

The non-muslims - so many of them support LGBT rights. So many of them curse ideologies that don't support LGBT rights. You know what? Okay. I'm cool with that. You support what you believe in, and I support what I believe in. And as a Muslim, it is a great sin to support or promote homosexuality, let alone involve in it. So I usually avoid these kinds of posts but what saddens me is that my fellow Muslim friends on tumblr reblog stuff like:



Do you actually understand what you just reblogged? Or - God forbid - you understand and support this?

I just want to remind fellow Muslims. The internet is an awesome place, but don't let it influence you to that extent. You are a human being, with a beyond perfect mind - use it. Always, always guard your conscious and subconscious being.

2 comments:

nasya said...

dah lama perasan mende alah ni kt tumblr. geram jugak tengok budak2 islam lagi2 melayu yg dok terikut2 sgt ngan ideologi barat ni, padahal xtau mende diorg buat pun. huh. nice entry though

Shafiqah Omar said...

betul.. sedih pun ada. trimas :)